The DAIKEN Group's CSR Basic Policy
Contribute to the realization of a sustainable society by creating values shared with society through activities for "Ecology" and "Improvements in the quality of space"
- With CSR and CSV* as the key axes, we will improve our corporate value and enhance our competitiveness to realize GP25.
- Using CSR as an activity to enhance our ability to respond to and earn the trust of society, we will systematically pursue CSR with our responses to the environment, society, and governance as key axes.
- Positioning CSV* as one of our management strategies, we encourage activities voluntarily and actively through the whole business process.
*DAIKEN's CSV is defined as finding solutions to social issues through the provision of common values capitalizing on DAIKEN's uniqueness.
- Building a sustainable society
- Providing secure, safe, and comfortable spaces
- Comprehensive use of wood building materials—encouraging the use of cascading
DAIKEN Global Environmental Vision 2050
- For a future full of smiles
- The overall aim of the Daiken Group is to realize
a sustainable society towards 2050
by promoting resource recycling,
mitigating climate change,
and coexisting with nature.
1Promotion of resource recycling
ー Waste reduction and reuse of resources ー
- By actively taking advantage of properly managed sustainable forest resources, we can promote forest circulation and help to realize a circular economy of sustainable resource circulation throughout society by reusing resources, material recycling, and thermal recycling, rather than disposal.
2Mitigation of climate change
ー Realization of carbon neutrality ー
- We will reduce our own greenhouse gas emissions, as well as emissions throughout the entire supply chain. Also, by using sustainable forests and wood resources, we will help to expand carbon storage and contribute to the maintenance and circulation of carbon sinks as we work together with society to achieve carbon neutrality.
3Coexistence with nature
ー Conservation of biodiversity ー
- In consideration of biodiversity, our objective is to coexist with a sustainable natural environment and preserve ecosystems by contributing to environmental impact reduction, conservation, and restoration.
1100% waste recycling
- Promote material recycling and thermal recycling on the premise of cascade use
- Zero final disposal of waste in landfills
- Reduce waste through a series of processes from procurement of raw materials to the use and disposal of products
2Net zero greenhouse gas emissions
- Promote energy conservation by improving productivity and efficiency
- Expand the use of renewable energy
- Expand the use of wood materials and products that store carbon
- Promote reforestation through the active use of materials from managed forests
- Contribute to the maintenance and recycling of CO2 sinks through afforestation
3Reduce the impact on the natural environment
- Zero use of lauan wood
- Appropriately manage chemical substances and reduce emissions
- Promote the effective use of water esources
- Reduce the use of plastics derived from fossil fuels
Structure to Promote CSR （ESG）
Medium-Term ESG Plan（Fiscal 2020–2022）
Toward the realization of the Daiken Group Environment Policy, the Daiken Group has formulated the mediumterm ESG plan and raises the level of environmental activities in the entire group while improving the Environment Management System (EMS). To efficiently operate it integral with the Quality Management System (QMS), we promote and deploy activities as the Quality and Environment Management System (QEMS).
Structure to promote Environment Management
Afforestation Activities by DAIKEN
Afforestation Efforts in Malaysia
One of DAIKEN's consolidated companies, DAIKEN SARAWAK, is participating in a proposal by the government of the Sarawak region for sustainable forest management, and has acquired a license to conduct afforestation in a 5,500 ha area within the region.
This initiative is currently underway.
VisionTotal afforestation area (ha)
*Started logging in 2011