1. Definition of personal data
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (“data subject”). An identifiable individual is, one who can be identified, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, identification number, location data, or online identifier. Also the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of an individual may lead to identification. An individual who can be identified directly or indirectly by referring to one or more elements.
2. Type of personal data that DAIKEN collects
DAIKEN collects the following types of personal data about you. This includes information contained in various documents such as questionnaires and contracts, and information that we collect when providing products or services to you.
- Personal attribute information collected such as name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, occupation, e-mail address, etc. that is used in questionnaires, membership registration, various service applications, seminar and showroom reception, etc.
- Information used in application forms and contracts.
- Information related to construction work and/or the handover such as the owner, schedule, handover date, etc.
- Information provided when applying for various sweepstakes and recruitments.
- Other information that is necessary to provide products and services handled by DAIKEN.
- Inquiries and requests received from you.
- The use situation of service that is provided by DAIKEN, and shipping information of packages, etc.
- Online identifiers such as IP address, cookies, etc.
However, if you block cookies, you may not be able to use some of the services on the DAIKEN website. Please click the Cookie Settings below to see more details about each type of cookies.
4. Purposes of the use of your personal data
DAIKEN collects and retains your necessary personal data for the following purposes, and does not use it for any other purposes.
- Acceptance of products and services handled by DAIKEN and performance of contracts
- Providing and introducing products and services handled by DAIKEN, delivering and displaying advertisements of those products and services, and measuring the advertising effectiveness.
- Providing and introducing new products and services handled by DAIKEN, delivering and displaying advertisements of those new products and services, and measuring advertising effectiveness.
- Introducing products and services handled by our related and affiliated companies, delivering and displaying advertisements of those products and services, and measuring the advertising effectiveness.
- Providing information of various events, campaigns, seminars, etc.
- Conducting surveys on products and services provided by DAIKEN and DAIKEN distributors.
- Developing new products and services.
- Contacting customers in the event of an emergency.
- Responding to inquiries and requests, etc., from customers.
- Improving our services and providing services that are more suitable for customers' interests and needs.
- Notifying and informing changes of membership agreement, etc.
5. Legal basis for processing your personal data
- Your consent to the processing of your personal data.
※You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or processing is required to perform the procedure before concluding the contract.
- Processing is necessary that DAIKEN must comply with a legal obligation.
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested by DAIKEN.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by DAIKEN or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of personal data, in particular that of a child.
6. Management of your personal data
DAIKEN is committed to the safe and appropriate control of personal data. We take measures such as access control to personal data, restriction of means of taking out personal data, prevention of unauthorized access to personal data from the outside, etc. This is done in order to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of personal data.
7. Disclosure of your personal data to third parties
DAIKEN may disclose your personal data to DAIKEN Group companies or other third parties for the purposes described in "4. Purposes of the use of your personal data" above. In addition, DAIKEN may disclose your personal data to DAIKEN Group companies or other third parties without your consent, if we can rely on any of the lawful basis 2 to 6 in "5. Lawful basis for processing your personal data" above.
8. International transfer of your personal data
DAIKEN may transfer your personal data to the overseas establishments of the DAIKEN Group. Where your personal data is transferred to our establishments located in different countries without adequacy decision awarded by the European Commission pursuant to Article 45 GDPR, we will transfer your personal data by Standard Contractual Clauses. This is in line with the European Commission pursuant to Article 46 GDPR.
DAIKEN group companies to which DAIKEN may transfer your personal data are:
DAIKEN (Shanghai) Corporation (China), DAIKEN Industries (Ningbo) Corporation (China), DAIKEN Corporation Singapore Branch, Daiken Corporation Indonesia Representative Office, PT. DAIKEN DHARMA INDONESIA (Indonesia), DAIKEN NEW ZEALAND LIMITED (New Zealand), DAIKEN SOUTHLAND LIMITED (New Zealand), DAIKEN SARAWAK SDN. BHD. (Malaysia), DAIKEN MIRI SDN. BHD. (Malaysia), CIPA Lumber Co., Ltd. (Canada), PACIFIC WOODTECH CORPORATION (U.S.A.)
9. Your rights
You have the following rights to the personal data processed by DAIKEN. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided in "12. Our contact".
- The right of access. (The right to ask for disclosure of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the retention period of the personal data and the sources from where the personal data is collected.)
- The right to withdraw consent.
- The right to request rectification or erasure.
- The right to restrict or object the processing.
- Right to request transfer or copy (portability) of personal data so that it can be used by services other than the ones DAIKEN provides.
These rights can be exercised free of charge. However, where your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, DAIKEN may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on the request. In addition to the above rights, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you have a complaint about the processing of personal data by DAIKEN.
10．Retention period of your personal data
DAIKEN stores personal data only for the period necessary to achieve the purposes described in "4. Purposes of the use of your personal data", and delete it without undue delay when it is no longer needed. The specific retention period is determined taking into account the type and nature of personal data, the legal retention period of Japan and each country, and operational necessity.
To : DAIKEN CORPORATION International Business Group Planning Department
E-mail : email@example.com
12-8, Sotokanda 3-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101-8950 Japan (Sumitomo Fudosan Akihabara Building)
Visit to our office
Please note that we cannot accept inquiries made by directly visiting our office.